Wednesday 10 December 2014

ZOELLA - THE END OF THE AFFAIR?




Hello my loves!

How are you all doing? Exciting times ahead! cough cough CHRISTMAS cough... I'm trying very hard to tone my excitement down, because I just looove Christmas so much! Beauty "Guru" cliché much? Anyway, that's not what this post is about. So, let's get real people.

To be honest, I thought about not doing this post, because, this past week, I've heard enough of Zoella to last me for a lifetime. If you don't know what, or who, I'm talking about, well, keep it that way, at least for now. But still I kinda wanted to review the products, so here we go.

Now, I think it's important to understand that I've been following Zoe for a very long time, pretty much since the beginning, so this was a bit of an emotional purchase. I wanted to support Zoe, and also I'm all for #TeamInternet, so I made my part, and ordered the body lotion and one of the makeup bags.

Let's talk about the makeup bag first. I actually like it a lot. It may not be the classiest thing around, but hey, I'm no Lisa Eldridge, and I happen to like guinea pigs, especially nerdy guinea pigs. It feels sturdy, and it carries a decent amount of stuff, also it was not expensive, it retails for 10€. Again, I'm happy with it.

As for the body lotion... meh... The packaging is cute, I guess. I have to say it was more moisturising than I thought it would be, but that's not saying much, because I didn't have high expectations. I usually don't, when a "celebrity" comes out with beauty products, because their name is enough to sell. I'm not a big fan of the scent, it's very bland, very safe, very generic. Do you know what I mean? Which in a way I guess it's smart, because then there's less chances people will dislike it/hate it. It retails for 6.40 €, which again is not bad, but it's not something I will repurchase, and I would regret buying it if not for the #TeamInternet thing. I'm sure Zoe would do the same, right?

And that is all I have to say about Zoella Beauty, I don't think I could have been more honest. I also have the book, which I had a feeling I wouldn't like, but it was for 5€, so curiosity got the best of me. I couldn't go past the first 5 pages. It's too juvenile, too vain for my taste. Maybe I would have liked it 10 years ago, but right now, at 25 years old, I just can't relate. And with all the ghostwriter story, and the way everything was dealt with, I feel more and more detached from this other 24 years old girl, that, I don't know why, acts like she's 15. Gee... it's almost sad, like the end of a long affair for me.

Anyway, before getting emotional, I'll wrap things here with a big kiss of goodnight :) 
I'll just leave my last video, it's very Christmassy!




Just know that I love you, and stay awesome as I know you are!

V♥



No comments:

Post a Comment