Monday 10 February 2014

Makeup Geek Eyeshadows Reviews&Swatches

Hello beauties!

How was that Monday? Hope you started the week in the best way! (Even though it's difficult... I know... I know...) Anyway, today I bring you a little review. A glowing review I might add.

I'm a girl who likes me some good quality makeup, but I don't really like to spend loads of money on it. I think that's the same for everyone, unless you're like some Paris Hilton! (In that case... Heeeey guuuurl! Still in need of a friend) I'm joking (No I'm not) my friendship is not for sale (yes it is).

So I get very happy when I find something that has amazing quality, at a price that doesn't make my credit card weep. That was what happened with the Makeup Geek products I bought. I've been curious about them ever since Marlena released the collection, but I'm kind of skeptic about buying makeup on the internet, not seeing the colour in person and stuff.

However, Jacklin Hill (if you don't know her, go check her out like... NOW! ugh, she's amazing) started talking about them non-stop, and raving about them. Finally I placed an order for five eyeshadows and a pigment. I definitely don't regret it and now I just want them all!



From left to right: Creme Brule; Homecoming; Goddess; Peach Smoothie; Cosmopolitan

The pigmentation of the eyeshadows is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Also they are really creamy, only Peach Smoothie is a little bit more powdery, but I still love it (perfect for a transition colour). They are also very affordable, only $5.99, half the price of a MAC eyeshadow, and quite as good. You have a lot of colour to choose from, from neutrals to blues, greens...



Afterglow Pigment

 The pigment that I bought, Afterglow, is gorgeous, nothing else to say about it, honestly. Perfection. The only thing I don't like is the packaging, not very practical. When you open there's a lot of product that falls and is waisted. And again the price is great, only 6.99.

I have to congratulate Marlena for taking this approach with her makeup brand. Creating amazing products at an affordable price. It only proves that she knows her audience is diverse, and not everyone has money for high end makeup. I really think this is the way to go.

And this is all for today =) Tomorrow there's a special video on the channel, until then free internet hugs for everyone!

Stay Gorgeous!

V♥

No comments:

Post a Comment