Monday 27 January 2014

Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream Review



Hey there beauties!

Today you're in for a little review, as you might have guessed from the title. As I already mentioned, I spent last year in Cambridge, and I got to experience what real cold is (at least from what I've experienced, maybe when I go to Russia or something, I'll comeback and rephrase that). It was the first time I had snow in my backyard. It is quite fun the first few days, you get to do snowmen, and throw snowballs, and everything, but then, everything changes. *The drama!!!* Then the cold just starts to get annoying, especially when you have to leave the house, everyday of the week, at 8 in the morning.

One thing for sure, my skin didn't like it! I took with me my Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, one of my old favourites, but it certainly wasn't enough. I was getting dry patches and redness as never before. I even had to stop using foundation for a while because the ones I had accentuated the dryness. It was quite frustrating. Then, after reading some reviews online, I decided to try the Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream.

My first though was that it was kinda of pricey, 43£ for 30 mL, while most moisturisers bring around 50 mL, but quickly I realised that a little goes a long way, so it lasts for approximately the same time. Also the smell was disappointing, for something called Rose Day Cream, but I guess that's the price to pay for the all natural thing.

Yes, all natural. That was one of the things that sucked me into trying it. According to the listed ingredients, it's natural and organic, free from chemical/synthetic fragrances, dyes, preservatives, and also from mineral oils, parabens, silicone and PEG. (Pfiuu that was a long sentence) Not that I am one of those who thinks that mineral oil is the product of the devil, but these kind of claims are always catchy. Even though I know, as a biochemist, that just because something is natural, doesn't  always mean it's better than something synthetic, but hey, I'm a human too.

Now onto the results.Well there's not other way to put it, this thing saved my skin. Ah the suppleness! Finally I wasn't feeling like a dried peach anymore and I could face the cold with a smile on my face (and with foundation!). But beware, I know this seems like a stellar review (and I love it for sure), but if are even the tiniest bit oily stay the hell away from this. Don't even get close to it, you might immediately feel oilier. It's very emollient and rich, and for dry skin I think. Even I, now that I am back to the warmer weather of Portugal, only use it when it's really cold outside, or restrict it to my cheeks. And definitely can't use it at all during spring/summer.

I know there's a light version of it, and I'm tempted to buy it when the winds start to change, and shorts and tank tops season come, but until then I can't say anything about this one.

Anyway, long story short, if you're suffering from dry skin, it's worth giving it a try, and you can apply it topically too if you're combination.

That's it for today, hope you started your week in the best way possible, and know that I love you all!

Stay Gorgeous!

V♥


No comments:

Post a Comment