Wednesday 23 October 2013

Seedaholic?!




Hey!

Before we go into the post lets just admire my plating skills... Gordon Ramsey would be proud! And those are some delicious, crunchy, homemade cookies.

Since I'm sitting around, waiting for my boyfriend to come home from work, so we can finally have dinner -.-'' I decided to try to take my brain from my stomach and talk about... food. Smart!

I don't even know if I can call it food. I'm talking about seeds and wholegrains. They are usually found in the "healthy" aisles in the supermarket but do you know why they are good for you?

I have a few favourites of my own like quinoa, flax seeds, chia seeds and sesame seeds.

Quinoa for example has lots of proteins, and lots of essential aminoacids , vitamins (A, B6, B1, E and C) and minerals (calcium, phosphorus, copper, magnesium, chlorine and zinc). I use it as a substitute of rice, but it can even be used for deserts.

Flax seeds are rich in fiber, micronutrients, and I don't make a fuss about how I eat them. In the morning, with my bowl of cereals, I throw a generous tablespoon of flax seeds inside. Done.

Regarding Chia seeds, if you read about them, they pretty much look like they're the gift from heavens. I don't know if everything is true, but I know they are also rich in fiber and they have even more Omega-3 than salmon! They are also supposed to fight belly fat (yey!) and diabetes (also important). Those I throw a tablespoon in my natural greek yogurt (yummy =3)

Sesame seeds are a great source of manganese and copper, but they also contain sesamin and sesamolin which belong to a group of fibers called lignans, and those are supposed to have cholesterol lowering effects.

As with everything in life, don't over do it! If not for anything else, too much fiber will give you a hard time in the bathroom (if you know what I mean)

Anyway, that is all, hope you are having a very good week.

Stay Gorgeous ♥

   

No comments:

Post a Comment